Please save this YouTube link for the event:
- You don't have to do any preparation for this event. But I offer a few ideas in case you are interested:
- A few days before the event, you can begin making prayers. We will work deeply with two powerful figures:
- The Old Bone Mother (Cailleach) of the Celtic world, who comes to help us remove old energies that weigh us down.
- The Reindeer Spirit - the loving mother during hard times, sustainer of life, abundance-bringer, protector and retriever of our indigenous soul, and bringer of the New Light for New Life.
- These are more than mythic figures - they are energies and spirit allies that you can work with and integrate into your spiritual life. They will help protect, inform and empower you as you navigate this big initiatory time that we are all in.
- The simplest prayer you can make is to the Creator/Great Spirit/Shaper of All - asking it to help you be open to the ritual work we will do during the event.
- You can also make prayers specifically to the Old Bone Mother and Reindeer to help you cleanse fears and old obstacles to your spiritual power and to bring new power in that will help you navigate the new year.
- You can make offerings of incense, herbs, milk or alcohol to these two helping spirits as "thanks in advance" for working with you. I prefer making these offerings outside, but of course, you can do whatever is right for you. Simply speak a prayer onto the offering, take a moment and then give it to the earth. Then take a few moments to listen and be open to Spirit's guidance. Be as vulnerable as you can be in your prayer. Tell the truth. (By the way, in my morning, mid-day and night prayers from now through the solstice, I will be asking Spirit, and the Old Bone Mother and Reindeer, to work with each of you who have decided to join into this experience.)
- I suggest that you watch this presentation in a darkened room, maybe with candles. Turn the brightness on your computer down slightly. You don't really need to watch me, and I suggest rather that you approach this as listening more than watching. If you have way to play the presentation through better speakers - or headphones - than your computer has, it might be good.
- There will be two meditation/prayers/shamanic journey sections in this event, and if you want, you can have something to cover your eyes - for example a scarf, shawl, hoodie, or t-shirt. You can put these on during the meditations. It's just a ritual action that can help open inner vision.
- We will begin the event with some drumming, so feel free to drum along with me. (We will all have to imagine that we are all drumming together...)
- For some in-depth perspective on the Reindeer, click here to read my article from a few years ago.
- For an introduction to The Old Bone Mother, listen to the 3 minute audio below.
- For a powerful Faery Tale about the Old Bone Mother, listen to the 17 minute audio below. (I have told this story in the live version of this event for many years, but I won't have time to tell it in the YouTube event.)